Sunday, January 15, 2012

Look ahead to 2012

As soon as I returned from SD this fall, I got right back to work making signs at Aardvark Sign Company.  I also signed up for IMKY 2012

This past summer we started our own local multi-sport racing club.  The team name is LionHeart Racing.  Like a lot of modern clubs, we use Facebook as our main hub of communication.  Along with me, two other members of our club will also be racing at IMKY 2012 (with a fourth member signed up for IM Canada, on the same raceday).  Unlike them, I have a little score to settle with the Ohio river, and the hills of North Central Kentucky .

Everyone has their own reasons for competing in an Ironman.  As well, everyone also has their own expectations, and goals when competing in an Ironman.  My goal when doing IMKY 2010 was simply to finish inside of the 17 hour time limit. Who knew just how close of a call that was really going to be.  With IMKY 2012 I have a little higher expectations for myself.

I will take this opportunity to state for the record that I expect to complete the race in under 13 hours, with my ultimate goal being sub 12 hours.  I know this will not be easy, and I also know that my performance will also need a little help from Mother Nature.

Anyone who know me, will tell you, that I don't race so good in the heat.  So, anything less than heat and humidity billowed straight from the bowls of Hades itself, will be welcome after my last experience in Lousiville.  2010 was 98 degrees with 97% humidity, and it seems that the weather has been alternating every other year between race friendly and Un-Godly misserable.  Last year was nice..... you do the math :/

It is still winter here in the upper midwest, but with my entry fees paid and rooms at the Gault already reserved, it is hard not to think about Louisville everytime I lace my running shoes, or slip on my swim googles, for laps at the pool.  One thing is for sure, August 26, 2012 gets closer every day and on that day I will live without regret, I will race to fullest of my potential, I won't hold back, and I will leave it ALL on the race course... On the last sunday in August, 2012, at 7:00 am standing on the bank of the Ohio River, I will choose to live the day as a Lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment